About Debra Morrison
Speaker, Author, Financial Coach, Certified Grief Coach
International Motivational Speaker, Author, Financial Coach, and Certified Grief Coach
Debra has authored 3 books, Ms. Morrison’s Dictionary of Useful Financial Investment Terms, Common Sense Money Guide For Women, and My Husband Died, Now What? A Widow’s Guide to Grief Recovery & Smart Financial Decisions. She is also a Certified Grief Coach and an International Motivational Speaker.
Debra is driven by the desire to share financial nuggets that help women feel empowered about their finances & their lives, regardless of circumstances.
“I’m passionate about connecting, learning and teaching!”
DEBRA L. MORRISON is a Fee-Only Wealth Manager who brings 40+ years of experience in personal financial planning and asset management. She received her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Messiah College, and earned both her Certified Financial Planner™ designation and her Masters of Science in Retirement Planning from the College for Financial Planning. She has helped thousands of clients face and conquer their fears and attain financial security.
What sets Debra apart is her caring and personalized service; she provided a full year’s worth of pro bono financial planning and investment service for seven widows, one widower, and one orphan who lost their breadwinner/parent in the 9/11 tragedy. Debra cares about her clients and has a vested interest in their happiness and fulfillment in life.
In her spare time, Debra enjoys skiing, golf, tennis, and scuba diving.
- 1982 Passaic-Bergen Life Underwriter of the Year
- 2011 Leading Woman Entrepreneur & Business Owner of NJ
- 2008 New Jersey’s Best 50 Women in Business
- 2008 WFNJ Extraordinary Woman in Finance
- 2012 Grief Coach Academy Coach of the Year
- She is listed in Marquis’ Who’s Who in Finance & Industry & Who’s Who of American Women as well as Nationwide Register’s Who’s Who in Executives and Business.
- Adjunct Professor – Fairleigh Dickenson Univ, NJ
- Past President – Passaic-Bergen Life Underwriters Association
- Philharmonic Orchestra of NJ – Past Board Member
- Past President – Estate Planner Council of Bergen County
- Past Treasurer – Kirkridge Retreat Center
Ms. Morrison supports the following charities:
Myriad media sources tap Debra’s wealth of experience. She has been featured on CNN, ABC, MSG’s Metro Money and CNNfn, as well as being quoted in The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Nation’s Business, Ladies Home Journal, New York Times, Business Week, Family Money, Garden State Woman, Investment News, Dermatology Business Management, Journal of Financial Planning, Money, CNN Money, Financial Advisor, America Online’s Moneywise, The Star Ledger and Reader’s Digest.